- A Message from our Principal
- St Mary's Prays
- St Mary's Says...
- Building Update
- Childrens Book Week Cancelled
- CPS Basketball 2020
- Project Compassion 2020
- Happy Birthday
- IMPORTANT DATES IN THE COMING WEEK
- Staff Training on Microsoft Teams Remote Learning
- TERM 1 ENDS
- PUPIL FREE DAY
- TERM 2 STARTS
- Community Notices
Dear Parents and Carers
I just wanted to reiterate a few points from my last email:
- Thank you to those who have contacted the school, thanking the staff at St Mary’s for all of their work;
- Slow down. We are only a few weeks into the new way of operating and learning something new. Changing our routines always takes time. The children will learn. They will learn to be resilient, they will learn to use technology more productively, they will gain greater independence and you will learn more about them as learners;
- Next week will be pupil free as teachers are trained in the Catholic Education Office new online Learning Management System - Microsoft Teams.
- Our support teacher, Kylie Tulloch, has begun work with her students online and Emma Speedy will follow suit.
For Term 2 please remember our new New Social Distancing Protocols issued by Catholic Education. To comply with the policy, St Mary’s asks that you use the England St front door to collect students and items. This door is in clear view of our office staff and they will greet you there. The office staff will collect your children or items that you have come for and bring them to you. These are indeed unprecedented times and your cooperation with the school to adhere to this policy would be much appreciated.
Thank you again for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time.
Despite the significant changes happening around us, the building progress has not missed a beat.
The upstairs classrooms are taking shape. Most of the plasterwork is complete and new windows will be installed in the next 2 weeks. The builders are hoping to have the three classrooms and science lab/art room finished in the next 6 weeks.
The construction of the new toilet block is making progress. About half the brickwork and steel is done and the new stairwell is beginning to take shape. This stairwell will be critical for future access to the upstairs classrooms and this is predicted to be back in operation towards the end of June.
Unfortunately due to COVID 19 and the emphasis of the safety of our school students, the CPS Basketball Challenge Executive Committee has cancelled the 2020 Challenge.
This decision was made after much consideration, and because of the uncertainty of when life will resume normality and with the pressures placed on the schools and families.
CARITAS PROJECT COMPASSION 2020
06 Apr 2020 - 09 Apr 2020
27 Apr 2020
St Mary's has a pupil free day today.
28 Apr 2020