You are welcome to contact the school at any time for an enrolment package for St Mary’s War Memorial School. Enrolment is upon the understanding that the child's parents must agree to actively support the school philosophy and practices and all students must participate in the school's Religious Education program. We encourage you to book a tour with the Principal (02 6972 3003).
How to Enrol
We are currently not accepting online enrolments. If you have any queries, please contact the school directly.
You can now enrol online at St Mary's War Memorial School by selecting the link above. Alternatively, submit the following paperwork and enrolment form directly to the school office. To complete the application form you will need to submit the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Student’s immunisation records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable)
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
If you submit your application online, you will receive an email with the completed application. Please ensure this document is signed accordingly (all relevant legal guardians and parents) and submitted to the school at the time of interview.
After submission (either online or in person) the school will contact you to inform the outcome of your application. Successful applicants will then receive an offer letter together with a ‘Parent Commitment Contract’ which needs to be signed by the student’s parents/legal guardians.
SCHOOL TERM DATES
|2019||Term Begins||Term Ends|
|Term 1||Tuesday, 29 January||Friday, 12 April|
|Term 2||Monday, 29 April||Friday, 5 July|
|Term 3||Monday, 22 July||Friday, 27 September|
|Term 4||Monday, 14 October||Friday, 20 December|
Tuition Fees are set by the Archdiocesan Catholic Education Commission each year.
POLICIES AND DOCUMENTS
St Mary’s aims to provide a learning atmosphere in which each child is known and appreciated and where he or she can develop as a happy student in the pursuit of knowledge and skills.
St Mary’s Learning Support Program aims to:
- provide education for all children in regular classes organised in such a way that all students, including those with special needs, will be able to participate in a significant proportion of activities.
- structure all learning strategies in such a way as to ensure that the student’s learning is clear, through the use of concrete materials and situations which actively involve the student.
- organise learning into manageable steps.
- develop and support student’s self-esteem through the use of praise, encouragement and reinforcement.
- recognise the uniqueness and dignity of each person.
- develop the whole person in terms of intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and emotional growth.
- provide a network where the classroom teacher, the student’s parents, the Classroom Support teacher and others work in consultation.
- determine the best teaching and learning strategies for the student, and accepting responsibility for reporting to parents on progress by the student receiving special education.
Parents wishing to enrol students with special needs are invited to contact the Principal before the end of Term 2, or as soon as possible, to discuss their child’s requirements.
Kinder Orientation Days
KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION DAY
To assist with the transition from home to school, all new Kindergarten children are invited to spend a session of several hours, towards the end of the year, experiencing the routine of school life. The prospective Kindergarten teacher conducts the activities.
FIRST THREE WEEKS OF KINDERGARTEN
During the first three weeks on the school year the Kindergarten children are provided with one rest/assessment day. Parents are advised at the Kindergarten Orientation Day which days they will be required to arrange care. This day is generally a Wednesday.